Discover the hidden wonders of Florence that most tourists never see. Tucked-away gems like the rose garden near San Miniato, a secret garden offering breathtaking views of the city. Try some of the city’s renowned sfoglie, a delicate puff pastry with various fillings at a top rated bakery where the locals go. Our well known and friendly guide will take you on a walking tour with a difference and show you a side of Florence you never imagined. Learn about art, food and architecture while discovering the city’s secrets.
- Morning walking tour of Florence’s hidden gems with a local guide
- Sample quality sfolie at a favorite local bakery
- Discover the hidden back streets of Florence
- Stroll through the bohemian Oltrarno district to the Rose Garden with breathtaking views of the city
- Enjoy a relaxing lunch at a family-run restaurant just outside the city walls
- Three ½ hour visit to Florence’s world famous museums (the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia with a specialist art guide
- End of day spritzer/prosecco at a trendy downtown bar
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel in central Florence and from there you set off on your 3-hour morning walking tour, exploring the maze of ancient backstreets in the historical heart of Florence. As you walk your guide will point out the grand palazzos and tucked-away ancient churches and tell you a little about the history of it all.
Stop at a renowned local bakery to sample the delicate and delicious sfoglie.
Take a stroll across the river via one of the city’s ancient bridges to the Oltrarno on the south bank, a historical neighborhood full of trendy cafes and specialist artisan shops – all exuding bohemian charm. We’ll head up the hill towards the Rose Garden where you can relax and take a moment literally to smell the roses and soak up the breathtaking view of the city while your guide regales with tales of the city’s art and culture. We then head back down into town for lunch.
A relaxing pause for lunch at a family-run local restaurant just outside the city walls.
Next you team up with a specialist art guide who takes you on a tour of the city’s world-renowned art galleries; The Accademia where you can stand in awestruck wonder before Michelangelo’s David (there are a couple of copies dotted around the city, but this is the original and a visit to the stunning Uffizi Gallery and feast your eyes on, among other things, Botticelli’s breathtaking Birth of Venus. Finally, to top off the day we stop off at one of the city’s trendy downtown bars for a spritzer/prosecco, a fitting finale